Re: V 1.21 binary beta

> I've just posted on ftp://objectcentral.com/bin-dist a set of MS-Windows
> binary distributions of V 1.21.
The source distribution is no longer availablie!!??  Why???  Personally I
prefere to compile the library by myself.

> The binaries are for the following compilers:
>   Mingw32 egcs.
>   Borland C++ 5.01
>   Microsoft VC++
What about CygWin compiler???  I think it will be a good idea to include it too.

> I'd appreciate any feedback on this process. I've used tar because zip seems
> to either have no directories, or a full directory path, while tar allows
> nice relative paths. As it stands, I guess this doesn't matter for the bin
> and lib archives, but the include files really go on include/v. Any comments
> or thoughts?
Zip CAN do relative paths.  At least with WinZip.  The problem is that it
"eats" the top level directory, so if you want to have "include/v" relative
pathes in your zip file, you must cretate some temporary empty directory
(say "temp"), copy include directory inside "temp" directory and finally zip
the "temp" directory (and not the "include" one !!!).  A little bit strange,
but it works.

Best regards,
                        Serguei.
Serguei DACHIAN
Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
E-mail : Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr