Re: Hello??

Craig Sanders writes:
 > On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 05:11:39PM -0400, Russell Nelson wrote:
 >
 > > Given that our domain name is (still) being held hostage by SPI, I'd
 > > like to know what was decided at the board meeting.
 >
 > your rewriting of history may go down well on slashdot, but most of
 > us here were involved and remember the circumstances and the chain of
 > events.

Nobody disputed any of the facts in my Advogato article at
http://www.advogato.org/article/329.html .  It would be hard to do --
they're all taken from SPI's website and other public records.

Speaking of which, I asked my lawyer what happens to a corporation
which fails to meet yearly (as required by New York State law).
Perhaps SPI, Incorporated should also ask its lawyer?

 > if anyone "hijacked" anything, it was bruce and esr who ran off with
 > the domain that bruce registered on behalf of debian & spi, as debian
 > project leader.

Excuse me, but YOU are rewriting history.  Check the domain
registration.  It's owned by SPI.  How can something be hijacked from
SPI if it's owned by SPI?  Now note the expiration date.  Can someone
at SPI explain how it got paid 7 years in advance?

Registrant:
Software in the Public Interest (OPENSOURCE3-DOM)
   PO Box 273
   Tracy, CA 95376
   US

   Domain Name: OPENSOURCE.ORG

   Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
      Benham, Darren  (DB3982)  gecko@BENHAM.NET
      Four Personality Ent., Inc.
      P.O. Box 273
      Tracy, CA 95378-0273
      510-768-6077 (FAX) 510-420-8048
   Technical Contact:
      Schulze, Martin  (MS306-RIPE)  joey@INFODROM.ORG
      Infodrom Oldenburg
      Am Zollbaum 7r
      Oldenburg
      Germany
      26129
      DE
      +49 441 9738830 (FAX) +49 441 777884

   Record last updated on 12-Apr-2001.
   Record expires on 12-Feb-2008.
   Record created on 11-Feb-1998.
   Database last updated on 27-Sep-2001 13:55:00 EDT.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   WWW2.BUOY.COM		208.162.111.120
   NS.CRYNWR.COM		192.203.178.2

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | of war.  For my take, see:
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | http://quaker.org/crime.html