warning messages from root/bin-tc

I've just observed a message from running root/bin-tc
that I haven't noticed before.  That doesn't
mean it hasn't happened; it's not recorded to
the journal, you have to spot it on the console.

I'm also not sure where it's coming from, other
than that it pops out during the execution of
bin-tc, as I've run that test in isolation and
still see the messages:

awk: cmd. line:32: warning: escape sequence `\[' treated as plain `['
awk: cmd. line:32: warning: escape sequence `\[' treated as plain `['

Mats