Re: FIP test results

Andrew,

Thanks for the info.  I have three additional questions, below.

Joe
----------------
> FIP results are generally produced when the test suite was unable to
> determine a test result for itself. Any references such
> as
> 	Posix Ref: Component TAR Assertion 10.1.1-17(A)
> 	Reference 3.7-24(C) (for FHS tests)
> refer to the test specification, and the assertion number within the
> specification. Test specs, man pages and assertions should be located
> under the MAN/tset directory.

I don't seem to have a MAN directory.  What do I have to download to have
that?

> I attach some examples with commentary below, from a journal i produced
> (slightly edited for anonymity)
>
>                              FIP Results Signatures
>                              ______________________
>

> 	/tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar 12
>
> 		Test Description:
> 	If the linkname does not fit in the space  provided  (100  characters)
> 	the format-creating utility shall not attempt to store the link on the
> 	medium.
> 	Posix Ref: Component TAR Assertion 10.1.1-17(A)

All the test description sections of my journal are empty.  What did you
do to produce this information?

> 	/tset/LSB.fhs/root/etc/etc-tc 24
>
> 		Test Description:
>
> 		Test Information:
> 	Reference 3.7-24(C)
> 	If the implementation supports the subsystem
> 	The implementation provides the file /etc/gateways
> 	/etc/gateways: file not found
> 	exit code 1 returned, expected 0
> 	This test result needs to be manually resolved, returning FIP result

> For FHS, there are a number of optional files only required "if the
> subsystem is installed", hence they return a FIP if not found
> requiring a signoff

So then is FHS the "subsystem" in question for all these (at least when
fhs is indicated in the second directory of the path)?