RE: hanging tests

Here's another data point. Ran the lsb-runtime-test-1.1.9-1.ia64 test suite on two machines with the same MSC.Linux distro using the 2.4.17 kernel. The machines are using the same processor, Itanium C0 (revision 6), the only difference is one is running the smp kernel and the other the up kernel. The one running the up kernel is the one that hangs; the smp kernel tests do not hang.