RE: hanging tests

At 2002/6/13 16:32-0700  Wichmann, Mats D writes:

> If I was to draw any conclusion from this, it's that
> there's some sort of an interaction problem... after
> the system's been running a long time and been beaten
> on by the test suite for many many hours, one or
> more of these areas might get stuck.  On a freshly
> rebooted kernel, it's not happening ?!?!?

What about running the entire test suite through on a freshly booted
kernel of 2.4.18? I've seen a few cases where previous tests can stuff
up the environment enough that later ones fail (though the test suite
attempts to avoid this). When this has happened to me before I've just
concentrated on fixing the problems with the earlier tests in the hope
that the other ones would go away as well.

Regards,

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com