Re: Application Pilot Questionnaire

George, and others:

Re: (See couple of comments below in body of questionnaire)

> George Kraft IV wrote:
>
> Here is a 1st draft of the LSB Application Certification Pilot
> questionnaire.
> Please review and comment.  Are there an adequate number of URLs
> references for
> the applicant to follow?
>
> George (gk4)
>
>    --------------------------------------------------------------
>
> LSB Application Certification Pilot Questionnaire
>
> The enclosed information is requested for application programs
> wishing to participate in the LSB Certification Pilot.  This
> information is to be sent in confidence to
> lsb-compliance@lists.sourceforge.net where the information will be
> reviewed by the LSB test team.   The pilot is intended for the
> application developer to understand their level of LSB of compliance

The text "of LSB of compliance" should be changed to "of LSB
compliance".

> before certification, and for the LSB to resolve any issues prior to
> the certification program.

> Vital Information
>
>  Contact Name
>  Contact Email Address
>  Contact Telephone Number
>  Company Name
>  Product Name
>  Product Description
>  Product Version Number
>  Architecture                     IA32
>
> Runtime Linker
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from ldd(1)
>
> Application Checker
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from lsbappchk(1)
>
> FHS Checklist
>
> Cut-n-Paste questions and answers from the FHS Checlist
>
> Linux Distribution Testing
>
> List at least two different distributions that the applicant
> warrants the application works correctly.

Shouldn't we specify that these need to be LSB pilot distributions or
something that indicates the application works on a LSB pilot
distribution.

> LSB Application Conformance
>
> YES/NO, the applicant agrees the above described application program
> adheres to LSB Application Conformance  as outline in the LSB
> Written Specification.

> Terms & Conditions
>
> The Linux Standard Base Certification Pilot programs are non-binding
> and are provided for evaluation by LSB developers and
> participants.   Participants in the program shall not make any
> claims of LSB Certification .

> All non-confidential issues should be directed to the
> lsb-test@lists.linuxbase.org forum.

Doug
--
Douglas B. Beattie