Re: Test cases that are possible candidates for a waiver

Kevin Caunt writes:

> Andrew,
> Here are the test cases that are possible candidates for a waiver. The
> following tests fail on all 5 distribution we have tested on.
> http://www.freestandards.org/lsb/test/results/

Hi Kevin,

Do all of these test fail in the same way on all the platforms?  At
this stage we're not really in a position to fix any of the problems,
so I think we should just be looking for consistency.

If a test fails on all distributions in the same way then I think we
should waive the failure for now. As we get time to analyse the tests
properly we should be passing these problems onto the appropriate
developers with the aim that the waiver will not be needed in future
versions.

We should also think about using these results to provide information
to ISV's about issues when porting to Linux. The following test
is an example of this:

/tset/POSIX.os/files/unlink/T.unlink-19

where under Linux we just return a different return code (though
arguably it is more informative than the one specified by POSIX).

Those tests that fail differently on different distributions we need
to look at pretty closely. Those problems are the ones that are going
to end up with people reporting that an LSB compliant app works on
distro A, but not distro B.

Regards,

Chris.
--