Re: installing of VSXgen failed because mount failed

Hien Nguyen writes:
> I got the lsb suite of released 1.0.1. and tried to install on SuSE 2.4.13
> SLES version 6 on ppc64 system (Condor LE). When running setup.sh under
> user vsx0. It got an error when trying to mount /dev/loop0 to /tmp/vsxmnt:
> --------------------
> mount "/dev/loop0" /tmp/vsxmnt
>
> /dev/loop0: Invalid argument
>
> mount : you must specify the filesystem type
>
> make : *** [filldisc] Error 32
>
> Test framwork compilation failed. Aborting
> --------------------

I presume you do have loopback support compiled in the kernel (though
if not it probably would have failed earlier)?

I expect something went wrong with the creation of the loopback
filesystem earlier on in the installation. Could you email me the
entire output beginning from when setup.sh is run?

Regards,

Chris.
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com