Re: Announcing the LSB-OS test suite beta

What are the specific "appropriate configurations" of Red Hat and Debian
unsupported releases which you ran your tests against?

The LSB packaging taskforces will need this information soon for our
reference implementations on those distributions.

Would logging the packages installed be possible at the start of your test
runs?  The commands to do so are package manager specific, but a simple "if
[ -x /usr/bin/dpkg ]" should be enough to select amoung them for the short
term.

For Debian releases: running
	dpkg --get-selections
will grab a snapshot of the installed modules.

For RedHat releases:
	rpm -qa
will do the same.

Much more focused lists could be generated by looking for the packages that
contain the commands and ABI entities needed, but the tool(s) to do that
have not been (completely) written yet.

	Albert