lpr subset standard wanted

If possible, I would like to document the subset of lpr functionality
that can be safely used by applications into the LDPS 1.1 portability
guidelines and perhaps the LSB specification as well.

Could someone investigate:

  - CUPS
  - BSD lpr
  - GNU lpr
  - lprng

and find out which options/features are supported by all of them
(and then, which options/features have the same behavior).

If you're interested in this task, please let me know.

A draft would need to be completed in one week if this is to make the
LDPS 1.1 beta.  (The current target for LDPS 1.1 beta is January 25th.)

- Dan