ld-linux.so.2 <-> ld-linux.so.lsb.1

Hi,

in the moment, we have a special soname for libc, libc.so.lsb.1
But we don't have a special soname for the dynamic load ld-linux.so.2

Can anybody explain me why this is so ? I spoke with some people
about this and nobody could tell me the reason.

The problem is: Since ld-linux.so.2 has no own soname, the extra
soname for libc does not help us in any way. At runtime we always
need to use the current glibc since we cannot have a new and a
older dynamic loader. For linking we don't need the soname, because
we have an extra build system.

So I request to change ld-linux.so.2 to ld-linux.so.lsb.1 in the
specs.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg