Re: [LSB] inetd.conf "drop zone"

On Wed, Nov 08, tytso@valinux.com wrote:

>    From: "George Kraft/Austin/IBM" <gk4@us.ibm.com>
>    Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:03:26 -0500
>
>    I believe Ted Tso is working on making some updates to System Initilization
>    chapter.   Please correspond with him directly, because an informed
>    response from me may be delayed.  :-)
>
> I am indeed working on it (and Ray, I hope to write a message to
> lsb-spec on the SysV issues we discussed at the Linux Kongres over a
> month ago; sorry for the delay in getting to it.  Life has been a little
> crazy here).

It would be nice to see this very fast, since SuSE also plans to implement
some parts of the LSB.

> We *could* still ignore this from an LSB perspective, since the script
> can convert the configuration file and then drop it into /etc/xinetd.d
> directory.  (On the other hand, if we get a consensus that xinetd is the
> way people want to move, then we can simplify things a little.)

xinetd is not the way we want to move. I would like to see the
/etc/inetd.d proposal.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg