Re: Password aging in passwd, differing chfn implementations

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:12:59PM -0500, Matt Wilson wrote:

> We're planning on adding aliases to our chfn to meet LSB 1.1.0, but
> I'd like to point out here that this stuff is 1) mismatched on Debian
> and SuSE and correct on Red Hat Linux, Mandrake, and others 2) of
> little to no use for the ISV.  (and we're not going to change the
> output of finger to say 'Room number:'.)

Just realized that the LSB defines -o to be 'other' and we're wanting
it to be 'office location' (to match BSD finger), so this is going to
be nearly impossible to fix.  I really don't want to make my
distribution chfn inconsistent with the de facto standard finger.

Cheers,

Matt