Password aging in passwd, differing chfn implementations

Two things:

It looks as though the passwd(1) section of the LSB was written
against shadow-utils passwd.  This has added some switches to passwd
that should really be accessed by the chage(1) command.  I think this
will allow distributions that use either pam passwd or shadow-utils
passwd to access this functionality (if the LSB should actually
require password aging like this, which is questionable).

Consider the following changes:

passwd -x max
    sets the maximum number of days a password remains valid.
Change to: chage -M max

passwd -n min
    sets the minimum number of days before a password may be changed.
change to: chage -m min

passwd -w warn
    sets the number of days warning the user will receive before their
    password will expire.
change to: chage -W warn

passwd -i inactive
    disables an account after the password has been expired for the
    given number of days.
change to: chage -I inactive

Second: chfn

There are two competing implementations: util-linux chfn and
shadow-utils chfn.  The two do not share command lines:

util-linux chfn:
chfn  [ -f full-name ] [ -o office ] [ -p office-phone ] [ -h home-phone ]
[ -u ] [ -v ] [ user name ]

shadow-utils chfn:
chfn [-f full_name] [-r room_no] [-w work_ph] [-h home_ph] [-o other] [user]

I propose taking the intersection of the two implementations and only
specify the '-f full-name' and '-h home-phone' options and drop the
-o, -r, and -w options.

If there isn't any discussion I'll file these as bugs.

Cheers,

Matt