Re: Password aging in passwd, differing chfn implementations

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 12:46:03PM +1100, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> Thats correct. At the 2001 NY LSB Workgroup meeting it was agreed that
> where there was a conflict between a command implemented by util-linux
> and shadow-utils the shadow-utils version would be used.

I must have been in the packaging group meeting at the time.  Was
there any rationale given for this decision?  It seems like linux
distributions are fairly evenly split between the two implementation,
so there is no clear best practice.

Cheers,

Matt