Does the Linux Standard Base imply Linux?

As you may know the Embedded Linux Consortium has begun work on a
standard for embedded Linux systems. Related to that is the issue of
whether an embedded Linux standard should require that a conforming
implementation actually be based on Linux or merely have implemented the
interface.

>From my brief survey of the goals and other statements from the LSB I
can't tell whether this is an issue that has come up for the LSB and
whether there has been a consensus of opinion. I'd like to learn from
your experience.

Does the LSB require Linux? Why or why not? If it requires it, what is
your definition of Linux? Uses an unpatched Linux kernel? Uses a kernel
that is predominately a released kernel?

thanks,
kevin dankwardt