Re: man pages

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 06:02:59AM -0500, Me wrote:
> > > LSB's ... mission ... is creation of _Barely Enough_
> >
> > if that is the position of the LSB...
>
> Perhaps someone active in the LSB will confirm this.

The mission (which is well worded imo) states:
"The goal of the Linux Standard Base (LSB) is to develop and promote a set
of standards that will increase compatibility among Linux distributions
and enable software applications to run on any compliant Linux system."

The particulars of the scope of this mission are of course debatable,
but I think that we're all _very_ happy to have discussion around
_everything_.

After all, the LSB is created by members of the free and open source
software communities, and not in a vacuum.

If you are on this list, then you are a part of the LSB. It is an open
committee, not something created and "handed down" to the community.
If you feel strongly about something, the best way to get it done is
to roll up your sleeves and get more involved. Nobody will get upset,
I promise. ;)

Right now we very much need more people to get involved in the test suites
and sample implementation/development environment. I saw this discussion
and thought I might take the opportunity to remake a call to action. If
you want the LSB to succeed, there's no better time to get involved than
the present.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/