Packaging and installation spec wording

Re:

Matt Wilson wrote:

> Everyone should read the current wording - we changed it last week.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/lsb/spec/gLSB/package/package.sgml?rev=1.6&content-type=text/plain
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
>
> --

One paragraph says:
"The distribution itself may use a different packaging format for its
own packages, and of course it may use alien or other mechanisms for
installing the RPMv3 packages."

It may be good to quote "alien" and give an example specifically for
deb.

I know there are many feeling on this, and I don't want to stir things
up again as this was hashed out during the call on the 9th, but
allowing one such example here may tend to tone down negative feedback
from many in the community.

Doug
--
Douglas B. Beattie