Re: LSB wrapper library

On Tue, Apr 03, Matt Wilson wrote:

> Or use glibc 2.X.Y (2.X.Y > 2.2.2) in /lib/lsb.  If there is a change
> in glibc that would break backwards compatibility (older applications,
> including LSB applications, not running on newer glibc), it's a bug in
> glibc.

We introduce ld-lsb.so.1 exact for the this case, to be on the
safe side if some glibc functions will be binary incompatible.
Uli Drepper will not gurantee that this will never happen. And
we now that we sometimes have to break compatibility if a old
version was wrong.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg