Re: File Systems.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 05:22:17PM +0100, V man wrote:
> > If i could make a suggestion, what about putting kde stuff in /opt/kde
> > and gnome stuff in /opt/gnome, like it is for SuSE?. That would decrease
> > confusion for system
> > management. remenber /usr/dt for CDE is a really smart location,
>
> That's a matter of taste. Many people hate needlessly proliferating
> paths. Once again, these paths do not *need* to be standardized, and
> should be left to the distributor's discretion. (Which means that you
> get to pick a distribution that does it your way--isn't choice
> wonderful?)

AFAIK KDE should be pointed to by with the KDEDIR variable. So as long as
that is the common identifier the creator of any distribution is free to
do as they please and see fit.

Then again. KDE is not the first issue to tackle in the LSB.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!