Re: File Systems.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > > Umm... RedHat has a funny hybrid between FHS and FSSTND.  Right now I
> > > would say it's more FHS than FSSTND, so if I were you I'd seriously move
> > > to FHS all the way with RedHat 7.0.
> >
> > Yeah, that's probably more accurate. We've been slowly moving, but I doubt
> > we'll do anything dramatic before the LSB-final version of LHS is issued.
>
> Considering Red Hat's market-leading position, I think it's fair for
> LSB to ask Red Hat to lead a little more aggressively than that.

You want us to move to a file system that isn't ready yet? We'll move to
the LSB-final filesystem when it's ready. We're not going to move to a
filesystem standard which is still subject to change.

> regard will by itself effectively make or break the FHS.  Therefore,
> if Red Hat wants to make FHS work (and I am presuming that is true)

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |