Re: Threads

Previously Jim Kingdon wrote:
> The answer I got was that the semantic differences from POSIX weren't
> really a problem, but they really, really wanted better debugging.

gdb supports threads it seems. strace has basic thread support now
but it needs to do some black magic with signals since at the moment
any multithreaded app you trace will block on some signal magic.
Unfortunately I can't find any documentation at all on the magic needed
except the gdb source, which is cryptic enough to make it extremely
hard to figure out what is needed..

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |