Re: Modules Standard, extended to kernel code

agx wrote:

> IMHO i think that module should be packed into a way that allow them
> to be compiled and installed by the package-manager.
>
>         ./configure
>         make
>         make install

I think that it is a good solution, but what about the package format ? There are a
range of format that the modules sources are provided, like RPM, gz,  tgz, tar.gz,
tar, bz2, zip...
Maybe .tar.bz2 would be the best since bz2 appears to have a more sofisticated
compress algorithm, or .tar.gz that is the most used format...

regards,
Pedro Bueno