Re: Modules Standard, extended to kernel code

Hello,

I think that enabling the linux kernel option CONFIG_MODVERSIONS, in some kind,
helps to deals with some modules since it makes the modules less dependent on
the kernel version. And there is another aspect that should be observed, that
is in user side. Planning a standard to kernel modules, we could have a
execellent choice to developers, as well to users, since, nowadays each module
developer create his own way to provide it, some uses rpm, some tar.gz, bz2,
with pure .c files with inside instructions to compile, or with Makefiles
files...
So , if there is no plan to create a standard for this issue, we really should
have a effort to create a propousal to it here in LSB.

Pedro Bueno