Re: Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's Not 1970!

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:22:58PM +0200, delau wrote:
> > How about dedicated servers? It would be nice if I could select "LSB Core"
> > and "Bind" for a dedicated DNS server. I wouldn't need X or any other GUI
> > for that, do I? And because I installed a LSB compliant system, I should be
> > able to add another package to add functionality (a FTP server to load my
> > zone files for example).
> Why does there need to be a specification for dns servers? For an
> application that simple, I'm not sure that LSB is relevant. To date, LSB
> has concentrated on desktop applications--because that's where the
> problems are.

Yeah, but don't DNS servers need to have the correct version of libc?
Don't DNS server developers want to avoid porting to different linux
systems?  Wouldn't DNS developers want a proven packaging method to
install on "LSB compliant" systems?  The same argument for having an LSB
exists for every application developed by a third party, not just GUI

To send email to me, send it to:
schveiguy aht yahoo dot com.