Re: LSA conformance testing

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Nils Lohner wrote:

> I got this this morning... thought you might be interested.

> Quite frankly, this message sounds like a strong arming technique to me,
> and our (Debian) response will likely be that we are committed to
> LSB/LCS and have no interest or comment on the LSA effort... I still
> need to talk that over with some people.

I'll take it a step further.

The tactic they're using is trying to get reaction -- of some kind.
Any kind. *Anything* you say, even negative, helps the LSA's primary goal,
which is -- pure and simple -- legitimacy.

Even if you say "we're supporting the LSB", that still means that you've
had to do an evaluation, in effect implying you've considered the LSA as
even in thr league of the LSA.

I urge no response at all. Even if they talk about you they haven't
indicated what they're going to say. What's the point of responding to a
ghost?

The absolute best response to this is no response at all.

- Evan