From: "Michael McLagan" <Michael.McLagan@linuxstandards.org>
To: "press@debian.org" <press@debian.org>,
        "melissa@redhat.com" <melissa@redhat.com>,
        "dean.taylor@caldera.com" <dean.taylor@caldera.com>
Cc: "Ian Nandhra" <ian@nc-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 03:27:08 -0400
Subject: POSIX.1 testing

Ladies and Gents,

   We are going to make a press release with information about RedHat,
OpenLinux and I believe Debian.  I am asking each group for a comment that I
will include in the document regarding the testing.  As of right now, each
distribution has produced approximately 10% FAIL notices in the execution
journal.  I do not have specific information as to where they fail, just
what a GREP shows in terms of FAIL/PASS numbers.

   Please submit your comments before 12:00PM EDT on Monday August 24th if
you wish them included in our statement.  We will include some portion of
response
in the press release.  Results should be posted on our site by 8am EDT for
you to review.

   Michael McLagan
   Linux Standards Association

------- End of Forwarded Message