distributing signed audio

Hi everybody.

I see people start using gopher to distribute media; audio in particular.

I just want to put my two cents on the discussion: how to distribute signed
audio content on gopher.

I honestly think it is a step forward compared to centralized distributors
(e.g. Spotify, Apple, ...):

1. You manage the distribution by putting in an RSS feed
2. you can sign the content: people are sure it is signed by you, they do not
trust anyone (other than the author himself) and no cuts to the audio (to do
some fake news?) or deplatforming are possible

The process is easy, but the streaming works only with ogg files (and not with
mp3 for example)

Assume you have an audio, we call it `audio.ogg`. You can sign it using gpg. I
put the simple script I use to do that. The script assumes you have more than
one private key (which you should: at least one for encryption and one for
signing). The script, we can call `sign.sh`:

```
#!/bin/sh

file=$1
keyname="put the key name (line after the `pub` one) you see with `gpg -k`"
gpg -u $keyname --sign $file
```

Therefore you do `sign.sh audio.ogg` and the script creates the signed audio
`audio.ogg.gpg`

Assuming you already imported the related public key, you can just do
```
% curl gopher://gopher-site.xyz/audio.ogg.gpg |gpg -d -|mpv -
```

This also works with vlc instead of mpv.

You can see a working example after you imported my private key:
```
curl gopher://ed68a458.xyz/0/pubkey.asc|gpg --import
```

with this line of code:
```
curl gopher://ed68a458.xyz/1/audio/pod-2020-09-15-13.47.ogg.gpg |gpg -d -|mpv -
```

Thank you for your attention. I hope that in the future we will only exchange signed stuff.

Yours,
ed68a458