Re: Any Radio Over Gopher [Bitreich Radio]

I did what you could /technically/ describe as audio over gopher some years ago, as a stupid demo for the ZX Spectrum equipped with a Spectranet NIC.

I say technically because the audio is a weird 4 bit PCM format tailored to a machine code playback routine that abuses the computer's programmable sound chip, and sounds a bit like a frog gargling broken glass. The player simply opens a socket to my gopher server, sends the selector for the binary file, and reads it until the end as it outputs the digitised sound a chunk at a time :)

The audio in question was of course a record by a certain Mr Astley, though since then I've added a selection of other suitably great recordings to the server which it choses randomly.

Not useful to anyone, just a bit of trivia :)

Alistair.