long lengths of text with no selectors

I've run into a problem with making my IF Archive gopher mirror nicer. I have a script that converts index files into gophermap files. Usually a block of text describing a file is no taller than 15 lines or so. In a few places are much taller stretches of text, usually in a form that translates to a bulleted list. My problem is that the standard Gopher client skips over these long stretches of text with no selector to the next selector, missing the content in the middle. How can I avoid this?

To see this in action, go to gopher.661.org and burrow over to gopher://gopher.661.org/1/if-archive/emulators/trs80

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org