Re: What's the status of Mostognir?

Greetings.

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:00:02 +0200 "Bradley D. Thornton" <Bradley@NorthTech.US> wrote:
> I'm really tired of Gopher being characterized as a novelty from
> yesteryear, and only relevant as a nostalgic oddity - it was the
> hyperlinked service of the Internet that powered almost all online
> libraries, many Internet resources, and once again, is gaining
> popularity as a lean machine, rather than some red-headed stepchild
> obviated by HTTP.
>
> Moving forward, can we all agree to refer to it in present tense,
> instead of past tense as some nkche hobbiest platform that is only
> relevant in demonstrating the so-called, 'good ole days'?

For me it is  to keep another view alive, so people  can learn from it.
The problem  in the tech world  is, that alternative views  are getting
lost and may (with AI taking over even programming) lose our ability to
change basic things.

It  is one  reason, why  bitreich supports  this: Get  people to  think
different.  Gopher  is  simple  and  with  some  minor  tweaks,  it  is
compatible  to everything  modern (UTF-8,  some media  types). The  TLS
topic seems  to be something,  that even on  the web now  breaks apart,
since  PKI requires  trust in  corrupt CA  lists in  webbrowsers, which
noone should really trust anymore.

And don't forget, as  we have it on the bitreich  IRC channels all day,
to have fun.  All hobby projects need  to be fun, so  people give their
time for a good reason.

Btw.,  could  anyone  fix  the   mailinglist,  so  it  properly  works?
Registration,  receiving e-mail  etc. all  seem  to be  broken by  many
reports.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann