Re: ANSI Colour & RIP

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, solderpunk wrote:

VF-1 (https://github.com/solderpunk/VF-1) handles ANSI colour codes no
problem, and if you give it a "set encoding cp437" command it will even
correctly render old DOS-style "ANSII art" using those extended ASCII
block shading and box drawing characters!

Oh, this sounds lovely, exactly what I was hoping for. I've been doing some ANSI art, and of course could serve that as bin or text, but fancied having both a standard and colour version of a gopherhole rendered in-client for that ye olde bbs aesthetic. I shall experiment!

Please consider this a formal request to buff up such wonky features as pleases you.

No vector graphics, though.

I supposed not. But I'm an old fan of NAPLPS and such, so... Ah well. But looks like your VF-1 is easy to set up a MIME for that.

Cheers,
Solderpunk

I forgot you made this, and so nicely bundled up in a pip3 blankie for us muggles. But I ought have known an SDF'er would pull through.

Thanks heaps!
Shufei

-----
Shufei - shufei@SDF.ORG
Shufei's Bumblebee Groundhive - gopher://sdf.org/users/shufei
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org