Re: Greetings and projects

On Thu, Aug 02 2018, katolaz@freaknet.org wrote:

> Now, having a peculiar fixation with graphs and networks, I have been
> slowly crawling the gopherspace (only type 1 selectors) to produce a

This might be a good time to remind people (and inform the newer
members) that in 2007, I made a complete archive of every Gopher site I
could find.  It was all documents and files, coming to 15TB compressed.
archive.org hosts this and links are at
https://changelog.complete.org/archives/1466-download-a-piece-of-internet-history

It might be interesting to compare the changes over time.  It might also
be helpful to seed a crawler, in case some sites of since become
disconnected from the main graph.

- John