Re: [gopher] end of OverbiteFF

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:
> At that point we'll need a cross-platform client, something that doesn't
> require any dependencies other than what it includes with it, that people can
> run preferably on Windows and Mac and build on Linux or *BSD. I'm going to
> think about how to do that.

Please don't throw stones at me for suggesting this, but maybe a good
candidate platform for writing a "native" cross-OS Gopher client would
be Electron (i.e. http://electron.atom.io/ )

Because it is based on JavaScript, HTML and CSS (the stuff already
used in Overbite), "adapting" the current code would be easier than
rewriting it from scratch.

Ciprian.