Re: [gopher] end of OverbiteFF

> > At that point we'll need a cross-platform client, something that doesn't
> > require any dependencies other than what it includes with it, that people
> > run preferably on Windows and Mac and build on Linux or *BSD. I'm going to
> > think about how to do that.
>
> Please don't throw stones at me for suggesting this, but maybe a good
> candidate platform for writing a "native" cross-OS Gopher client would
> be Electron (i.e. http://electron.atom.io/ )
>
> Because it is based on JavaScript, HTML and CSS (the stuff already
> used in Overbite), "adapting" the current code would be easier than
> rewriting it from scratch.

I don't think something like that would be a *bad* idea, though I personally
write and develop on a Power Mac the majority of the time, so it would need
to be something I could run on that. I suppose, ironically, the Firefox 45
XULRunner would be a possibility, since TenFourFox could be made to support
it. However, it would also be a very big app, which is what we're trying to
get away from.