Re: [gopher] Question

Hi NN NN, Hi all:

Good  to point the difference between a server and a client.

Here an old link that might be of use [ in case you do not know it ]

http://web.simmons.edu/~chen/nit/NIT%2793/93-289-rieger.html

NNNN:

  • Think of the server, and think of information, and of documents, and of search.Does Gopher fill your needs? Then use it.
  • Think of PostScript or think about the possibility to dial (connect ) to a server and receive the data, using your grandparents home phone. Forget about the presentation layer, that belongs to the publishing/advertising/entertaintment industry. Even in the year 2003 it was recommended not to use CSS.
  • Think of a printer talking to a printer. (Machines can talk to machines, really ).
  • Think of aural data communication ( not just visual communication, as we learned in the nineties ).
  • Think -- for example --  about the SMTP protocol we are using in this list. Shall I use a IRC chat?  Is there any need to compare them ? Uhm.

Et all

Cheers

---
Delfi Ramirez