Re: [gopher] This game I have been working on might be of interest to Gopherites...

Hey Wolfgang,

I did build a custom WebSockets client: http://www.hackers-edge.com/play/ it was my first experience with WebSockets and it works really well. Do check it out. Telnet is purely an alternative for those who seek that type of connection method. I'm about options; not limits.

On February 11, 2015 10:25:33 AM MST, Wolfgang Faust <wolfgangmcq@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 11, 2015 10:34 AM, "Kevin Veroneau" <kevin@veroneau.net> wrote:

> I also recently found out that the Windows telnet client(at least on XP) doesn't work very well.
And Windows 7 doesn't come with a Telnet client at all--you have to know the magic incantation to install it afterwards. If you haven't already, you may want to consider implementing a web-based client. There are flash and java-based ones that you can just plug your hostname into, or you could set up a Websocket server and have a pure _javascript_ one.

(Personally, I use TinyFugue. I won't be redeeming a beta code because I'm very busy this week, so I'll leave them for someone else.)