Re: [gopher] Possible to perform item type searches in Veronica-2?

I'd be up for seeing a competing Gopher search engine with full-text
search and itemtype filtering.  It would remind me of that Yahoo/Google
battle that once took place.  It's a battle that's now repeating in the
Firefox browser now that Yahoo! is the default search engine there
now...

With that being said, I am trying to make a Firefox search plugin work
for Veronica-2...  Here's what I got so far:

gopher://gopher.veroneau.net/hgophersearch.html
gopher://gopher.veroneau.net/0veronica.src

I first tried to use the "gopher://"; URL in the HTML file which defines
the Search plugin, but Firefox didn't like that.  So, I then updated
the HTML to point to an HTTP-based search plugin.  It now shows up as
"Add Veronica-2 Search" in my Firefox search bar.  But, when I try to
add it, it failed with a message saying that Firefox was unable to
download the search plugin...  Any ideas on how to make this work?

I've even tried to put an XML file into my firefox profile directory...

--
Best Regards,
  Kevin Veroneau