Re: [gopher] Possible to perform item type searches in Veronica-2?

> I'd be up for seeing a competing Gopher search engine with full-text
> search and itemtype filtering.  It would remind me of that Yahoo/Google
> battle that once took place.  It's a battle that's now repeating in the
> Firefox browser now that Yahoo! is the default search engine there
> now...

It's not going to be a battle -- I would be happy to have someone write
a competing Gopher search engine and maintain it. Keeping the V-2 database
reasonably clean of dead sites and up to date with people changing things on
their servers takes more work than I think people are aware of. I'd be happy
to see someone do better. No one's really stepped up though.

-- Innovation is hard to schedule. -- Dan Fylstra -----------------------------