Re: [gopher] Possible to perform item type searches in Veronica-2?

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM, James Mills <prologic@shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Brian Koontz <brian@pongonova.net> wrote:
A full-text search engine would extend the usefulness of the current
gopherspace considerably.

That's what I thought too. I'm not finding it
terribly very useful to search through menu titles.

When doing searches, I've actually found Veronica-2/VISHNU have been pretty good.
That said, item type filtering would be awesome. I've also been thinking about a full-text
search engine for a years, mostly because I've been wanting to give myself the headache
(I mean: find the time) to implement one. Maybe someday ...

As such I just expore Gopher by hand. But then again
that's what good Gopherholes aren't meant to be right? :)

Still I think it would be nice to be able to do full-text
searches of the known Gophernet

cheers

Wesley