Re: [gopher] Question about using Gopher for P2P file transfer instead of HTTP

Well... libcurl already handles the client-side, and there are several modern Gopher servers too (Wikipedia page has a nice list).

But... Maybe I'm dumb, but I really didn't get the point? How exactly is a single resource-strained server faster than bittorrent? And how exactly is having dozes of servers around the world cheaper than a CDN? Just slightly interested because I actually do those things for living...

- Kim