Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

> > Not if you were using gopher to also serve your style sheets. I'm not sure
> > how browsers would react to that.
> >
> > But, as I said, the use seemed rather arcane even at the time, and I don't
> > think it's actually being used in that fashion anyway.
>
> I just make binary things be b... you can determine what the file is by
> automagical means anyway (or context in the case of completely
> headerless blobs). If a client doesn't know what to do with something it
> just downloads it, then the OS works out what to do with said
> automagical type detection.

I'm not wild about forcing the client to have to content-sniff all the time;
that seems to run contrary to the concept of a low-impact protocol.

Myself, I've always argued for making item types more deterministic and
fully specified, not less.

-- Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids. -- Arab proverb ---------------