Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

On 08/05/2012 14:43, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
Not if you were using gopher to also serve your style sheets. I'm not sure
how browsers would react to that.

But, as I said, the use seemed rather arcane even at the time, and I don't
think it's actually being used in that fashion anyway.

I just make binary things be b... you can determine what the file is by automagical means anyway (or context in the case of completely headerless blobs). If a client doesn't know what to do with something it just downloads it, then the OS works out what to do with said automagical type detection.