Re: [gopher] PyGopherd - PYG and executable help

Hi Kim,

I did try Gophernicus, and I do like it a lot. The executable support is
great.

However, I've already done a lot of code modifications to PyGopherd to
customise it (especially the HTTP gateway, which as far as I know is not a
feature of Gophernicus). The HTTP gateway is an important piece of the
gopher puzzle here... is there an option that will let me host the HTTP
gateway?

I have been making some investigations as to porting our gopher site from
pygopherd to gophernicus. For the actual gopher protocol, it is a drop-in
replacement without issue. The problem again is with maintaining an HTTP
gateway to the gopherd, in-house.

BTW - You can add OpenBSD 4.9 amd64 (gcc 4.2.1) and Debian 5.0.8 amd64 (gcc
4.3.2),  to the list of compiled-and-working-for-Gophernicus :)

Thanks & kind regards,
Art