Re: Install profiles

Hi Aurélien,

On 6/18/23 22:55, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:

All of these could be done with "negative" packages, even today.

I don’t see how this is manageable, unless I’m missing something.

You're not missing anything, it's not being done because it's not manageable, but if it is "good enough" as a solution, then creating the tools to make it manageable will be the variant with the smallest effort, and the one that can be rolled back the easiest if it doesn't work.

Currently firefox has 101 firefox-l10n-$lang packages.
Do you mean that firefox would have the 101 Recommends: firefox-l10n-$lang | no-task-$lang dependencies and users would need to install 101-n no-task-$lang packages for all languages they’re not interested in ?

Yes, at least during a transition period. Also, firefox uses different language names than the task packages, so right now the correct recommends would be "firefox-l10n-de | no-task-german".

   Simon