Re: who is responsible for 99default_release in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

at bottom :-

On 08/01/2020, David Kalnischkies <david@kalnischkies.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:23:01PM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> While I did fix the issue as shared I was wondering from where the
>> file gets generated ? Is it apt or somewhere else ?
>
> Searching the web with DuckDuckGo suggests that YOU generated it:
> | Instead of having /etc/apt/preferences file. I made the following -
> | $ cat 99default_release
> | APT::Default-Release "testing";
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/476477/are-there-any-downsides-of-having-a-99default-release-in-etc-apt-apt-conf-d
>
> Pro-Tip: Document your changes (in a place you look for it: I guess the
> stack
> overflow question would count if you would have searched by yourself…) so
> that
> a few months down the line then issues arise you still know what changes
> you
> performed and why. Things like etckeeper can help with this.
>
> Please contact user support channels about how to do that best as that is
> neither development related nor a bug in apt.
>

> Best regards
>
> David Kalnischkies

Thank you, would do that. For now have put the stackexchange change I
did in 99default_release as a comment so I know where it came for.

I know about etckeeper but don't really know how to use it but that as
shared is best discussed probably at debian-user. Sorry to waste your
time.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C