Re: who is responsible for 99default_release in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

Hi

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:23:01PM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> While I did fix the issue as shared I was wondering from where the
> file gets generated ? Is it apt or somewhere else ?

Searching the web with DuckDuckGo suggests that YOU generated it:
| Instead of having /etc/apt/preferences file. I made the following -
| $ cat 99default_release
| APT::Default-Release "testing";
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/476477/are-there-any-downsides-of-having-a-99default-release-in-etc-apt-apt-conf-d

Pro-Tip: Document your changes (in a place you look for it: I guess the stack
overflow question would count if you would have searched by yourself…) so that
a few months down the line then issues arise you still know what changes you
performed and why. Things like etckeeper can help with this.

Please contact user support channels about how to do that best as that is
neither development related nor a bug in apt.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies