Re: get software list of one software repository

On 09/07/2015 08:47 PM, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might be surprised, but all active uploaders are actually subscribed
> to the mailinglist you wrote this mail to (which is how I got the mail)
> as that is the point of having a mailinglist as maintainer… Sending
> mails to them explicitely is therefore not only unneeded but can also be
> considered rude by them (so dropping them all from CC).

Sorry for that!
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 10:08:04AM +0800, mudongliang wrote:
>> What I want to ask is how to get software list of someone software
>> repository(for example , google chrome software repository) through
>> command line!
> I am sure you can answer this question with aptitude and search terms:
> https://aptitude.alioth.debian.org/doc/en/ch02s04.html

Now my system's aptitude is broken, I will try to fix it all night!
I will learn how to search later!
> Just because I see suggestions of working with /var/lib/apt/lists files
> directly – that is discouraged. In /experimental (so probably in
> /stretch) you could do to avoid hardcoding certain filenames:
>
> grep-dctrl --no-field-names -sPackage -P '' $(apt-get indextargets
> "Repo-URI: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/"; "Created-By:
> Packages" --format '$(FILENAME)')
>
> But well, thats more a joke than a serious answer. Eventually 'apt list'
> could be extended to support this and other usecases with the same or
> similar to what aptitude has at the moment, but for now you can't answer
> the question with apt alone.
>

> I wonder through why someone has this question – after all you usually
> add a repository to get a specific package, you don't add a repository
> "just in case". And to see if a package is in a certain repostory (and
> in which version) you can use "apt-cache policy pkgname".
Because I see this information in the Synaptic and I am just curious
about  this infomation.

"apt-cache policy pkgname". This is very useful.
Thank you so much.

    - mudongliang