Re: please do not remove non-Release-file repos

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 12:27:23PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Johannes Schauer dixit:
>
> >If you have this in a shell script anyways, can you not just also generate an
> >appropriate Release file with the same script?
>
> That’s about ten times the code, plus, I’d probably have to sign
> it, which means I need to generate a key, install that in the
> chroots (which I’d rather keep clean), etc. plus the logic to
> update the files in /var/lib/apt/lists/ would get much more complex.

As I wrote in the other email, you don't have to sign it, and
it's only one call to apt-ftparchive release to generate a release
file.

> There’s something to be said for KISS here.

A repository without a Release file is easy to generate but
*very* hard to fetch.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

Be friendly, do not top-post, and follow RFC 1855 "Netiquette".
    - If you don't I might ignore you.